Sunday, February 21, 2010

Week #5 - Framing continues...

(February 15-21, 2010)
As of Saturday morning (my latest visit to the house), the house now has a second story complete with rooms and the start of the roof. I had an opportunity to walk through the house for the first time. I was a bit teary-eyed by the time I got upstairs. I can't believe this is our house. I was so excited by what I saw. I've included some pictures from my tour to give you an idea of how some of the rooms are shaping up.

Upstairs Shots
Master bedroom (facing east)

Kieran's room with downtown view out west window - better view than in old house!!

Main Floor Shots
View from inside of Great Rm looking towards front of house; Great Rm (looking at back of house); Kitchen

Exterior Framing

As I mentioned, the exterior walls on the second floor went up this week. All of the trusses were trucked over later in the week. A crane was used to lift the building materials onto the property. I've included pictures of the exterior framing progress from the week as well as the crane at work.







Backfill
Kieran missed out on the machines this week that were used to backfill the hole left remaining around the new foundation. The 'Deep Excavation' is now gone and we can walk around in the backyard once again. This has freed up a great deal of space as well for construction activities.


Behind the scenes was more selection work. We have a direction for the 'look' of the fireplaces and I'm slowly getting some ideas for the tile. I might even brave a tile store or two this week. haha! With Paul's help (Paul is the senior project manager for Jamewood Homes with a hidden talent for decor), the toilet selections were finalized and the finer points of bathtubs and showers explored. H'mm...still so many decisions to make.
Next week: The framers are scheduled to wrap up their work with the completion of the roof, all backframing, front porch and back deck. Sounds like a lot of work to me but I have no doubt that, judging by the way they work, all will be done according to the current timeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment